Happiness Diary: March.
When I first read Stephs, from Hello Steph, 365 of days happiness diary I thought it was such a great idea. In fact, our brother had actually mentioned doing something like this a while ago, but because I've always kept a diary I didn't want to add something else to my writing list. But then each time I read another month of Stephs diary, the more I felt compelled to try it for myself, simply because the posts made me so happy.
I really enjoyed keeping this diary for two reasons: one, because it made me think about a happy part of my day even if I wasn't feeling very happy and two, it made me truly appreciate each little moment that much more, because some of those 'little moments' were the ones that made my whole day better. I definitely recommend trying it, even if it's just for a month.
1. Sang Italian songs with Grandad via Skype.
2. Me and Lucy had dinner together and watched Walking on Sunshine for the 7th time.
3. Painted my nails a pretty spring colour.
4. Had Starbucks in Safety Harbour with Lucy and my brother in law Chris, while sitting outside in the sunshine.
5. Had breakfast in bed.
6. Our brother receiving his birthday present and thanking us via a sweet Instagram post.
7. Lucy gave me a print out of her very first draft of her book.
8. Wore shorts for the first time in ages and felt all summery.
9. Had a great first day being Team Lead at a PGA golf event.
10. Had an interview on the blog with someone we have watched and been inspired by for a long time; Carly Rowena.
11. Had an orange cream Ice-lolly after work.
12. Sat around the table and had breakfast with Lucy and my husband Chris.
13. Had a pjama blogging day.
14. A teenager at work told me I was pretty. She was really sweet.
15. Had a lovely phone call with Mum - gosh I miss her.
16. Really nice Skype chat with Jen, my 'little' sister.
17. So many things happened today, I can't not mention them all. Had Sangria and Taralli with Lucy while watching Walking on Sunshine for the 8th time. Then when Chris got home from work, the 3 of us went to see Beauty and the Beast, which was magical.
18. Had an amazing day at Hollywood Studios with Chris.
19. Went to Busch Gardens with Chris and enjoyed it one last time before our passes expire tomorrow.
20. Absolutely wonderful Skype chat with Nanna - she was so happy and smiley and we practiced our Italian.
21. Great morning at work. Five hours went super fast because we were all laughing and chatting.
22. A lady at the gym complemented me on my gym pants. (Thanks Lucy - she got me them for Christmas!)
23. Made Pastiera and it turned out delicious. Love making Nanna and Grandads recipes.
24. Movie date, just me and Luc. Something we never do. Saw Power Rangers and it was pretty epic.
25. Had a positive morning working with Power Crunch at an event.
26. Fantastic day at Animal Kingdom with Chris. Got to go on all the rides we wanted to.
27. Hosted The Girl Gang Chat on twitter and it was so positive and fun.
28. Saw Marty Scurll, a friend from back home, at a wrestling show. We haven't seen him in three years and it made my night.
29. Had mashed potato and bisto gravy for dinner - ahh Bisto! A taste of home.
30. My husband and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary.
31. Got little Easter bags organized for family, with Lucy.
Hope you enjoyed reading my list. Since doing this I have made more of a conscious effort to highlight things in my diary that make me happy. That way if I ever flick through it the happy things will stand out.
Do you keep a happiness diary or something like it?
Have a Happy Monday!
Posted by Blossom Twins at 6:30:00 AM Labels: be happy , blogging , energy , feeling , good vibes , happiness , life , lifestyle , little things , March , moments , pictures , Positivity , smile , thoughts